Tuesday, September 4, 2012

I have to tip my groomer more

My dogs are great in many ways. They're really sweet, and put up with almost any weird ideas their humans might get. Except when it comes to nail trims. From the struggles they put up, you could think we were trying to kill them.

For a while, I solved the problem through taking the two most difficult ones to Pet Smart to have their nails done. It worked really well for a couple of months. Then, one of the ladies said, "Why don't you go pay and I'll have him ready for you when you come back." It seemed like a great idea.

Doggie panicked when mommy was no longer in sight. He peed on the floor and allegedly tried to bite them - I say allegedly because he's the sweetest mutt in the history of dogs - and when I came back, several people were holding him, claiming he had to leave at once. I have never been thrown out of a store before.

On the way home - doggie still with abhorrently long nails - we passed a groomer. I've tried to take my dogs there many times, but they were always closed. This time, they were open. Success! It wasn't easy, but they trimmed the nails with great patience. I hear many horror stories of groomers mistreating dogs, but these guys really do their best. Check out their website!

No comments:

Post a Comment