Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Doggie ears

None of my dogs have ears this big, but they all have ears. LOL. Two of them groom each other and don't need much maintenance. I wondered how their ears could always be so clean, and then I saw them clean each other. It's really really cute.

The American Eskimo I mentioned a couple of days ago gets really dirty ears though.It's kinda icky.

I clean them when I wash him, but it doesn't seem to be enough. Apart from it looking bad when his otherwise white coat gets dark, it's bad for his health too. They can get all kinds of bacteria and yeast and stuff in the ears. He's never shown any problems, but I don't want to gamble with his health. Thus, the weekly dance goes around the house. Doggie first and mommy right behind him, trying, "C'mon boy, I'm just gonna clean your ears, it's not THAT bad!" (Like he would believe me when there's a safe spot somewhere under the bed. Yeah, right...)

After my success with the Deidre's K9 shampoo, I decided to try the ear cleaner. He doesn't love it - mommy comes to pour something cold and strange into his ears - but it works pretty well. It's cheap - about $4 for a bottle that lasts forever - it smells good, and it's easy to apply from the bottle. The struggle is mercifully short. We haven't quite gotten the routine in yet, but it's getting there. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment