Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Doggie-wash

Do you think bathing dogs is fun? Me neither. It usually ends up with water everywhere, and I'm as soaked as the dogs. I've tried doing it outside. That works really well until the doggie-washing is over, and then they run off to roll themselves in some grass and dirt. Time to start over. LOL.

I also wonder how they always manage to find something really icky to roll around in. I mean, I know the theory behind it - hide your own scent, yadda yadda - but anyway! I found this photo somewhere online, says it pretty well, don't you think?


One of our dogs is an American Eskimo. I always wondered how his coat could be so thick, until a groomer told me they have not just one or two, but three layers of coat. That's a lot of hair.

He's white, and he loves to dig, so after a few days the dog is more gray than white. Yay... I've tried all sorts of whitening shampoos to keep him clean, and rinsing out that fur is a royal pain in the behind. If you look at the photo below he looks really fat, but it's mostly hair. Busted digging a hole in the back yard! I love how you see the sand make a cloud behind him...



This will sound like a commercial, but it's actually true. I got a sample bottle of shampoo from Deidre's K9 Naturals just before Christmas. I thought, "Suuuure it's the best shampoo ever. Shampoo is shampoo, big difference." It smelled good though, and I hauled doggie into the shower. It made him clean and white, he smelled like Pina Colada, and it rinsed out in no time.

The next time I wanted to wash the doggie, I didn't have any Deidre's shampoo. I raced down to the store and picked up a bottle of some whitening something. It lathered well and smelled good, and I thought I was all set. Then, I rinsed, and rinsed, and rinsed... It took 20 minutes of loud cursing to get it out of his undercoat. Back to Deidre's shampoo!

At the time, they only carried the Working Dog Wash and that's the one I've been using. Now, there are more kinds, and I have a bottle of  Grooming shampoo waiting for doggie to get dirty. I'll write about it when I've tested it, and let you know if it's as good as the Working one. The former has Aloe and Oatmeal and Coconut Oil, and I think it might be superior, but I haven't tried yet. They also have a Whitening shampoo that might be great for this guy. I'll try it soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment