Saturday, August 25, 2012

Fetch it, you silly human!

Most dogs I've known have liked to play fetch. I never had to teach them - I tossed something, they ran after it, and brought it back. One dog in my past loved when I tossed pine cones. If it landed in a big pile of other pine cones, he'd sniff them until he found the one I threw, and he wouldn't give up until he had the one that smelled of me.

Right now, I have four dogs in the house. If I throw anything they all look at me like I'm an idiot. "What? You threw it, you pick it up." What are the odds of four dogs not wanting to play?

Someone said to put something the doggies want on a frisbee, like a little peanut butter on the edge. Thus far, they're not impressed. They want the peanut butter, sure, but is it really worth the effort of running? Naaah. They'll just sit in the grass and watch me make a fool of myself instead.








No comments:

Post a Comment